Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



If I were hanged on the highest hill,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!
I know whose love would follow me still,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

If I were drowned in the deepest sea,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!
I know whose tears would come down to me,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

If I were damned of body and soul,
I know whose prayers would make me whole,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine

Rudyard Kipling


Okay, it's not a vase of flowers, but I really love this poem. 

To me, it speaks of the endlessly selfless and persevering devotion of a mother. 

But in case it's a little too dark for you, here's something cheery.



Oh, and I got a Kindle for Mother's Day! I'm so excited to go shop for books. Prodigious, expansive, epic thanks to the Amazing Husband and the kiddos!

Happy Mother's Day!


Oh, and Lynette at Dancing Again has a lovely and inspiring post for Mother's Day. She even talks about Jesus. And Jesus is better than Rudyard Kipling. So go get some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment