Monday, April 11, 2011

Lighten Up



We started school at 10:30 today.

Math and grammar are not quite finished.

The kids are playing with a cardboard box - packing their 2 year old brother in it and sending him to one another as a package.

We ate brownies for snack.

There are five (yes, 5) loads of laundry scattered all over my bedroom floor waiting to be folded.

And that's okay.

Sometimes we need to lighten up a little. Not everyday; schedules and routines and schoolwork and housework and nutrition are important. I will always strive to be the best homemaker and parent and educator I can be, and I'll always try to do a little bit better today than I did tomorrow.

But when the striving (and often failing) gets to be stressful and a burden, when I start feeling like I'll never get it all done and I'll never be as patient as so and so and the house will never be clean, that's the time to take a deep breath and remember what's really important.

Laughter.

Conversation.

Imagination.

Joy.

And tomorrow we'll pick back up and keep on striving.

No comments:

Post a Comment