Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan


This week I thought I'd put a little more detail into my meal plan so you can see what our meals actually look like. I don't usually plan my side dishes - I just throw down whatever fruits and veggies we have in the house. My goal is the good ol' 5 a day; 1 fruit or veggie at breakfast, 2 at lunch, 2 at dinner. We also snack on raw fruits and veggies during the day, and I sneak them into my main dishes whenever I can.

I'm also on the edge between my winter and summer breakfast menus. In the winter we eat a lot of baked goods at breakfast. Muffins and quick breads and scones and such. Because I like to bake when it's cold and cloudy.

In the summer we switch to more smoothies, yogurt, fruits, etc. I'd really, really like to start making smoothies, especially since my good friend Tamara the nutritionist sent me a liquid multi-vitamin that I can't wait to add to them. But it's 55 and raining here and it just seems wrong to be drinking smoothies in the rain. After 10 years of living in the desert where it's always in the upper 70s or low 80s by this time of year, I'm freaking out a little. But I'm working on patience.

And apparently, so are you. Because you came here to see my meal plan and I'm boring you with my inane details about our eating habits. But your patience is about to be rewarded, folks. Here it is:

Sunday
Vanilla Sugar Bread, hot apple cider
Leftover Chinese
Cheeseburger Buns (recipe coming soon!), green salad

Monday
Egg burritos with Italian sausage and mild peppers, strawberries, milk
Baked ziti, green salad, Clementines
Zuppa Toscana, fresh bread, green salad

Tuesday
Oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon and cranberries, milk
Ham and cheese quesadillas, apples and carrots
Chicken Pot Pie, green salad, canned peaches

Wednesday
Peanut butter toast, melon slices
Tuna Salad, apple slices, crackers
Shepherd's Pie, rolls, green salad

Thursday
Cold cereal, strawberry and banana fruit salad
Bean and cheese burritos, apples and carrots
Potluck - I'm providing hamburgers

Friday
Pancakes with berry syrup and whipped cream
PB&J, fruit salad
Pork chops, au gratin potatoes, green salad, Clementines

Saturday
Vanilla Sugar Bread, yogurt, whatever fruit is left
Mini Pizzas, fruit, green salad
Fettucine alfredo with chicken, fresh bread, green salad

No comments:

Post a Comment