Friday, January 28, 2011

Whipped Cream


I make fresh, homemade whipped cream about once a week around here, to go with pancakes, waffles or dessert, and it's probably the easiest, most delicious thing I do. I'll never to back to Cool Whip!

1 cup heavy whipping cream (heavy cream)
2 Tablespoons sugar

For best results, you'll need a whisk attachment for your hand mixer (beater). If you don't have one, you can use the regular beaters.  Or you could try whisking by hand, but unless you're Berta the Viking woman and have biceps like small tree trunks, I wouldn't try it.

Put a metal bowl and the whisk or beaters in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Yes, you have to plan ahead a little for this one. :) 

Dump cream and sugar in the bowl and whip it, whip it good.

The longer you whip, the firmer your whipped cream will be. Too long and you'll get butter, so don't whip too long. 60-90 seconds usually does it for me.

If you're feeling spicy you could add any of the following:

1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla and 1-2 tsp nutmeg (my favorite)
1 Tblsp cocoa powder (I'm betting Hershey syrup would work too...)

Just about any spice or flavoring would make a nice whipped cream.. Maybe mint, or lemon...

Excuse me, I have a sudden need for dessert. I'm going to go make cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment