Monday, February 7, 2011

Gratituesday; On Purpose


If you've been following this blog, you know that our family recently made a move to southern California. You may also recall that this move was not, for me, a particularly a welcome one.

It has been very easy for me to slip into a bad mood about it. I find myself beginning to harbor all kinds of self-pitying thoughts, especially this last week of illness with no friends nearby to call on.

So this week for Gratituesday, I'm forcing myself to be positive. Here are the things I'm grateful for in miserable crowded sunny California:


  • Lots and lots of homeschoolers
  • Really great weather
  • A really big house. So big that I'm a little embarrassed about it. 
  • People who wave at you when you walk by
  • Lots of state parks and national forests within driving distance
  • The BEACH is 45 minutes away (well, without traffic, but now we're getting negative)
  • No billboards of mostly nude people (we moved here from Vegas)
  • Green, rolling hills
  • Lots of very nice folk who have done their best to make us feel welcome
Gratitude doesn't always come flowing like a river all by itself. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves to be grateful. Sometimes it takes effort. Sometimes we have to do it on purpose. 

What are you grateful for? 

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. Well Brieana I am a friend that lives litterally a stones throw away :) and I babysit to boot. I even have kids(nephews I live with, i didnt all the sudden popped out two kids) that could/need playdates

    ReplyDelete