Friday, November 26, 2010

The Big News

Read all about it!
No, really. Read all about it. Right here. 

Ah, yes, The Big News. I told you it was coming. 

I apologize for waiting so long to let you all in on my secret. The truth is, I've been putting it off. Especially with such lovely things to write about, like pumpkin pancakes with nutmeg whipped cream, Thanksgiving with good friends, shopping, decorating, cold weather, my baby turning 2... 

But I digress. Before I get to any of those tempting topics, I've got to let you in on the Big News. 

So, without further ado, the Big News is... 

We're moving. 

Yes, indeed. You heard right. Our time in the great (great?) city of Las Vegas is coming to a close. I'm over my shock (we've known about this for at least 6 weeks now - yes, it's been a hard secret to keep) but I'm still sad and overwhelmed and not ready. We truly thought we would be here for much longer, but it seems God had a different plan. You'll know for sure it was His plan and not mine when you hear where we're going... 

Los Angeles. 

I know! This country girl is going to live in the big city, the one big city she swore she'd never live in. Take note, folks. Never say never. 

In truth, it's not actually LA. We are going to Corona, CA, about 45 minutes outside LA. I am told it is lovely and feels like a small town (!?). I am told there are farmer's markets and homeschoolers. I am told the cost of living isn't actually so bad, because my car insurance will be cheaper (!?). 

And I am learning that saying you trust God and do whatever He asks is a very different thing than actually doing it. 

I'll let you know how it goes. 

P.S. There have been a lot of questions about why we're leaving. The simple answer is.. it's time. God is moving us on. We still love The Church at South Las Vegas. We love the people here. Pastor Benny doesn't want us to leave, and in a way we don't want to leave either. We know for certain good things are in store, both for us as we go and for the church. This is a good thing!

Stay tuned for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment