Saturday, March 26, 2011

Padded Bikinis for 8 year olds?!



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/26/abercrombie-padded-bikini-8-year-olds_n_841026.html

I'm speechless.

Ok, not really.

I'm appalled and aghast and horrified. Not that I should be surprised. Abercrombie has always been known for it's disgusting ad material. (If there aren't any children present, Google "Abercrombie images". This stuff is marketed to kids, folks.) I found this interesting; in one town the police removed their in-store pictures because they violated decency laws. I'm thinking about looking into that here.

Anyway, back to the Huffington Post article. Fantastic video interview with a Dr. Bradley.. he nails it right on the head. I didn't, however, like the commentator's line about "parents trying to keep their daughters forever young". Sounded a little supercilious to me.

See for yourself. What do you think? Would you let your daughter wear that?

No comments:

Post a Comment