Monday, March 21, 2011

Gratituesday

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!


This week I forgot about Gratituesday. Maybe I should be grateful for my giant homeschool binder, which is supposed to keep me organized, when I use it. And I am. Grateful, not organized. I mean I am organized, but obviously I could use a reminder now and again, since lately I can't seem to remember a darn thing that isn't written down.

Anyway. What I'm really grateful for is...

The Internet.

Ok, let me explain. I feel like I spend a lot of time wishing we could all go back in time. Back to when prayer was allowed in schools. And people knew their neighbors and helped each other out. Back before rated R commercials on TV at 6pm. Before it became okay for women to go shopping at Costco in nothing but a bright red sports bra (true story).

I know I'm romanticizing the past, but doesn't it seem like everything was better back then?

But there is one thing they didn't have back then that I would sorely miss. The Internet.


The Internet connects me to my fabulous blog community. Without it I'd never have met Laura at Heavenly Homemakers, or The Pioneer Woman, or Connie from Smockity Frocks. (Ok, technically I've never actually met those people, but you know what I mean.) How dreary my life would be without Not Me Mondays at Raising Olives! 

Without the Internet, how could I instantly access a recipe for mango salsa? How could I research all the books I want (and all the books I never knew I wanted) on Amazon? Not to mention the stuffed animal net I found for my girls. Did you know they still made those? Yep they do!

No Facebook. No Hulu. No Evites. No playing Bejeweled for hours on end while the laundry piles up unfolded!

It must have been so sad and colorless back then without a daily Bing image. And so today I'm grateful for the Internet for bringing us all together; for bringing meaning and value to our lives each and every day.

Thank you, Al Gore. 

1 comment: