Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gratituesday; Sick Kids


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

The grand adventure in our house right now is a nasty virus that's taken out 3 of us so far. I've gotten about 10 hours of sleep over the past 3 days, and I was going to skip this post altogether, but it's always good to pause and remember to be grateful. Even with snot all over your pajamas. 

So today I'm thankful that we live in a country where I have access to good medical care. This might sound antithesis to my post on health care, but it's not. I'm so glad that if I need to, I can take my kids over to the pediatrician. 

I'm grateful that the worst I have to fear for them is the flu, or pneumonia. That polio, smallpox, the plague and starvation are non-realities in this country. 

I'm thankful that I can run down to the grocery store for Pedialyte and popsicles without worrying about my bank balance.

We are really, truly, fabulously blessed. 




2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful reminder that we can be thankful for something no matter what's going on in our lives! Hope that your family will soon be well again!

    ReplyDelete