Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan


One of my goals for this year is to start posting my weekly meal plan, if nothing more than to prove that eating from scratch is really possible for a busy family. I'll get as many recipes linked up as possible, too. I do plan out my breakfasts, lunches and dinners, but that usually just means the main dish. I always have fresh fruit to go with breakfasts and lunches, and salad makings or veggies to go with dinner. Here is this week's plan:

Sunday
Breakfast - Oatmeal
Lunch - PB&J
Dinner - Fish and chips

Monday
Bagels and cream cheese
Cheese and crackers (my kids love snack foods for meals)
Chicken Parmesan, pasta

Tuesday
Banana bread
Grilled cheese sandwiches
7-Layer Meatless Tortilla Pie

Wednesday
Egg burritos
Leftovers
Beef and barley soup, fresh bread

Thursday
Cold cereal
Bean burritos
Garlic chicken and pasta

Friday
Waffles
Picnic lunch at the beach (the grandparents are in town)
Lasagna, fresh bread, salad
Chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream in honor of Leslea and Papa's birthdays

Saturday
Eggs and hashbrowns
Chicken nuggets and french fries
Steaks and chicken on the grill, rice, salad

No comments:

Post a Comment