Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Bible Reader and Starbucks


Sounds like a great pair, no?

This Christmas I'm going through a fabulous Advent Bible reading program. It has a daily scripture to read plus historical information, reflection questions and discussion starters. Plus it's only a 24 day commitment. I think I can I think I can I think I can...

You can get the program on your iPhone if you have one. Go to the App store and download LifeChurch.tv's FREE Bible reader, called YouVersion. If you type in "Bible" in the search area, it'll be the first one that comes up. (It's an awesome app anyway, even if you don't want the Advent program.) Then, at the bottom of the screen you have some choices. Select "Read Plans" then scroll down and find "Rediscovering the Christmas...". I don't know what the last word is, it gets cut off.

We were actually supposed to start this plan yesterday, but if you hurry you can catch up. :)

Oh, I was going to tell you about COFFEE too. Again, if you have an iPhone, or any phone with texting, you can join up with Starbucks for their 12 Days of Deals. Just text 12DAYS to 29943 and you’ll receive one Starbucks deal per day. Normal texting rates apply. They started yesterday but you can still get it on it.

So go get a Peppermint Mocha and settle down to read the Bible. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment