Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Beginning to Blog

Ah, blogging.

I've never been much into blogs. I don't read them and I don't keep them. But lately (okay, for the last 12 years or so) I've had this goal to keep a journal in an effort to record what God is speaking to me and the wisdom He's trying to impart. For several reasons I have failed at my journal-keeping endeavors. One key reason is that I don't like my handwriting. Sounds petty, but if you have horrid handwriting like me, you understand. Blogging relieves this anxiety. Also I type faster than I write.

I have a deep desire to impact people with the words God speaks to me. I'd rather do this with a microphone (blogs are for being honest, right?) but I don't have one and, quite frankly, I could do with some practice before I find one. Blogging will give me an audience. At least, a potential audience. If no one reads it at least I'll be getting my thoughts down. If they do, and hate it, hopefully they'll say so and I'll improve. If they do and like it, well, that's gravy.

So here goes. If you are reading this, please leave me your thoughts. Be honest, it's the internet. I hope you find something here inspiring, or at the very least, amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment